Wednesday, June 23, 2004

MSH and Windows XP SP 2

I just recently saw a video on the .NET Show, I know, this stuff is getting fascinating. Anyway I saw the new command shell. This is the first time I have ever been really excited about a Microsoft technology. I signed up to be a beta tester for the project but I have a question. Is mapping the registry to a drive really a good idea for security sake? I would assume it will be easier to write a virus for execution in MSH, maybe I missed something or incomplete information. If anyone knows the answer to that question leave a comment.

Speaking of security, Yes I heard about the Linux vulnerabilty from Carl Franklin and Rory Blyth and I have patched my Linux kernels on my Dell laptop and my HP Desktop, thanks guys.

Now, I have downloaded and installed SP2 RC2 on my Gateway XP Laptop. It seems to be a pretty solid RC. It fixed many of the issues I had with RC1 and I am being a good boy and reporting bugs to Microsoft.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?