Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Im Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack !!!!

Guess who's back, back again. Chris is back, tell a friend.

Well folks, I have been very busy. I completed my move to Santa Fe, I like it. Hot as hell, dry, no rain but hey the salary Im getting more than makes up for the climate. I dont know if you guys remember but I started a new job after my wedding. Well my wedding went along without a hitch. The new Mrs. Anthony has finally found employment out here, not in web design like she wanted but more of a graphic artist job for an ad agency. She loves it out here. She does miss her folks, I do too but the phone calls are starting to subside a little bit and I took a play out of Rory Blyths book. To save time, money and sanity I invested in the iSight solution for Mac OS. I went on eBay and bought her folks a powerbook and i went to Apple and bought the camera. I love it so much, I wish Apple would prot it to Windows, so any Apple guys that read this blog there is a hint. I have started dividing my time between three operating systems on the professional level. Solaris, Windows 2000/XP, HP-UX. The new job deals with these OS's we are more of a role of service provider. One thing I have found surprising is in the press we hear about all these Linux migrations and how many people are using Linux. We have no active Linux clients on the books. On the personal level I still use Linux, Windows XP and Mac OS X. C# has by far become my favorite programming Language and on Windows I love using the Windows forms. I have gained a lot of respect for Windows developers much more than I thought I ever would. I used to call em Betty Crocker developers, they had everything they needed and really didnt have to think through problems. That was my old method of thinking boy was I wrong. It is in fact a good thing they have these tools and they are actually well constructed. My only question is what happened to Visual J++. At work though, next week my team has a presentation for Eclipse, we are trying to push this solution because we are trying to go to a unified set of tools where right now we are ass backwards. We are using Visual J++ for Windows 2000 Client and AS, Netbeans for Solaris and Windows XP and some no name bullshit IDE for HP-UX. Since I am settled and got everything under control I will be posting more. It has been a very hectic few months.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?