Tuesday, March 30, 2004

More Windows Experiences

I have looked into other portions of the OS this night. I have never used Internet Explorer before. I decided to see what the fuss was about so I have been using it all night for general surfing purposes and blogging. It works reliably, the only complaint I have is no tabs and you must open multiple windows. I like the idea of grouping windows as the XP taskbar does. If IE had tabs it may be a little more appealing. Next came MP3's, Windows Media Player plays them. I was always told it didnt so that was a pleasant surprise to see it work. I installed QuickTime and the DivX Player which works equally well. Instead of scripting one of my readers told me I could do batch files instead on the CLI. I will look more into that later but I do intend to test the Windows SFU capabilities to run Linux and UNIX scripts with some of my own.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?